Another month, another update! This time we're rolling out "The Crafty One", which will overhaul the current crafting system and add new recipes, software, and batteries for you to tool around with. Given the extensive changes we're making, this will be a full-wipe update, meaning all progress made prior to 28/09 will be reset once the update goes live.
Update #2 kicks off at 7:00-9:00 AM UTC. The game will be unavailable for login during this time and players already in-game will be kicked out.
Want more details? Read through the patch notes below or sound off on the official Reddit thread.
Tuesday 28th September
Players will be unable to log in during this time:
Not sure what the above means for your time zone? Check the map!
Update 2: The Crafty One
Features & Improvements:
- Crafting has been overhauled to make bigger, better, meaner weapons and armor.
- Crafting parts have been replaced by ‘BITs’ – y’know, the bits and pieces that make your gun bigger. Pew pew!
- BITs have rarities, and there is one BIT per type of weapon and armor.
- Batteries have been added to the crafting system. Juice it up, baby!
- Depending on the rarity of the battery, you may get additional software slots when crafting weapons.
- Software further improves the stats of a crafted weapon.
- Hardware has been added that gives crafted weapons unique functionality, such as added damage or faster reloading.
- Blueprints have been removed and replaced with punch cards!
- Punch cards are now unlockable via a special tab at the Crafting Vendor.
- Unlocking a punch card requires either resources or the completion of certain tasks.
- Punch cards are now upgradable.
- Upgrading punch cards takes time and resources. But it increases their starting power and rarity, so it’s worth it!
- A 3D weapon preview has been added to the Upgrader screen.
- Upgrading has a cool new animation. Swanky!
- A weapon's upgrading animation now changes based on how often it has been upgraded in the past. Whoa!
- The power level improvement on upgraded items is now more clearly communicated.
- Elite enemies now appear more frequently and earlier in the game.
- Finn’s health has been increased.
- The damage of Finn’s Rocket Rain skill has improved.
- Finn’s Rocket Rain and Swine Magnetism skills have been switched (Rocket Rain is now unlocked at Level 1).
- Character levels now have a new XP threshold.
- There is a rare new resource used in the crafting and upgrading systems.
- The prices for crafting and upgrading systems have been adjusted.
- Elite enemies drop more sweet, sweet loot!
- There are new rewards for Daily and Weekly Contracts.
Talents in-Mission Visualization
- Triggered talents will be visible on the mission HUD, along with their durations and cooldowns.
- Talents now have additional VFX.
Space Station Improvements
- The Space Station now has new and improved lighting, NPC animations, and assorted assets.
Hoardspace is a dangerous place, we know. But don't worry, we're here for you.*
- The game will no longer freeze on the Claim Rewards screen.
- The game will also no longer crash when trying to load into the mission "A Safe Teleportation".
- Players will no longer get stuck on the loading screen while loading into a mission.
- Solved a crash that occurred when in missions with a companion.
- Fixed a crash when idling in the Main Menu during Maintenance.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when loading into a grinding mission as a duo.
- Fixed a crash caused when Maintenance Mode started.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when scrapping items in the Vault.
- The notification for ongoing/upcoming Maintenance shown on the Main Menu no longer has a delay before it is displayed.
- Players will now receive the expected "Ongoing Maintenance" notification after getting kicked to the Main Menu during Maintenance Mode.
- We once again say "Thank you for purchasing a Founder's Pack", because you can't put a price on good manners.
- Lots of equipment mods now have their icons, description, and titles.
- There is a visual indicator when a player unlocks a new skill.
- The default Cursor Sensitivity for a freshly installed game is now set to 50% (was 30%).
- Players can no longer bind two different keys for Sprinting.
- Fixed an issue where interacting with a vendor while dashing could cause Bob to stay invisible for other players.
- The game's music now properly restarts after the player has exited the Credits.
- Barks and other SFX are no longer audible when viewing the Credits in the Hub or during a mission.
- The Twins' firing SFX is no longer weird.
- The Tank Boss's SFX is now properly inaudible when the Master Volume is set to 0.
- Ultimate Skill sound effects are now properly muted when Master Volume is set to 0.
- Fixed the VFX for Duke's Cluster Missiles synergy ability.
- Finn's second Synergy ability now has the right hero icon.
- The "Pep-u-up" and "Shot of Courage" talent items now have proper icons.
- The "Upgrader" Fame Road unlock now has a description.
- The "Earth-Shattering Kaboom!" talent item now works correctly.
- The "I'm Invincible" and "Mad Skills" talents now work, and also have correct descriptions.
- The "Vitality", "Refreshed" and "Enhanced Eyesight" talents now have correct stats.
- The "Sadism" talent now has the proper cooldown time.
- Old Boys with the Ricochet mod should now have a better time hitting Shredders at close range.
- Software and Hardware crafting items can now be found throughout the game.
- Fixed an issue where Bob had his old avatar (without glasses) in the Canteen.
- Also fixed an issue where players experienced high packet loss and ping while in the Hub.
- It is now easier to tell which character has an item equipped.
- The party display will no longer show that the player is on a mission (when they definitely aren't).
- Players can no longer be invited to the party they are already in.
- Cancelling an upgrade in the Upgrader no longer closes the Vendor.
- There is now a confirmation message after successfully crafting an item.
- Companions will no longer disappear and reappear when the player is at a vendor.
- Various challenge icons have been updated with the correct art.
- NPC icons are now the same size as the vendor icons in the Hub.
- The Premium Store mini-map icon went missing, but has been found again.
- Players will no longer get stuck at the start of some missions while in a party.
- Party member shields are no longer randomly displayed as being empty.
- Players can now always pick up meat in the "Fresh Meat" mission.
- Players now properly unlock the blueprint for the Bullet Spewer after completing the mission "Smashing Time".
- The correct number of enemies now appear during the "Purge, For Science" mission.
- The Cooler HP bars now properly disappear after they've been successfully defended.
- Grinding mission enemy spawns and power level now better match the player(s).
- The XP bonuses on the Summary Screen now have tooltips.
- There are now an appropriate amount of tooltips on the Summary Screen.
- Fixed a layout issue on the Summary Screen, and updated some icons.
- Fixed an issue where the "Ready" button prompt was being replaced by a red arrow in the Summary Screen.
- Players no longer have to wait for everyone to have opened the Rewards Chest at the end of a mission.
*In no event shall Devil's Gambit authorities be in any way responsible or liable for any claims, damages, losses, expenses, or costs resulting directly or indirectly from the use of or inability to use the station's amenities.