This page has some stellar tips for improving your connection. You'll play Space Punks on Epic Games Launcher so check out Epic's connection troubleshooting too.
Reduce network traffic
You'll need a fully fired-up connection to take on the galaxy, so shut down the other stuff!
- Some third-party programs running in the background or other devices running on your network can interfere with your connection to our games. Try closing any background applications to see if the performance improves
- You can see real-time graphs of total CPU, memory, disk, network, and GPU resource usage for your system by heading to Task manager > Performance
Improve your internet connection
Let's get straight to the point.
- If you're using wi-fi, try switching to an ethernet cable (AKA a hard connection). Hard connections provide you with the highest reliability and speed your internet has to offer
- If that's not possible, close other programs that access the internet (such as other games, streaming music, videos, or anything that is using the internet to download or upload) to improve the wireless connection
Flush your DNS and Release and renew your IP
No, we are not referring to anything in your bathroom.
- You can resolve any conflicts by flushing your DNS or releasing and renewing your IP
Check your firewall settings
Note: Not an actual wall of fire. That would be a whole different problem.
- If you cannot connect at all, make sure you’ve allowed Epic and all of its data to pass through by setting up exceptions in your firewall
Try turning off your VPN/Proxy
You can fool your internet provider, but not the bounty hunters. They still know it's you.
- Using a VPN or Proxy server can sometimes cause connection issues. If you notice any issues, consider following your provider's instructions to disable these services
Check access restrictions set by your network
There's a time and place for everything.
- Some networks such as colleges, universities, and workplaces restrict access to certain domains. If this is the case, you may not be able to connect to Space Punks
- Please contact your IT department or network administrator, and check out Epic Games' connection issues which list recommended domains to whitelist
Tried everything and still no luck? Contact us – we'll try to help!