Hoardspace is beautiful this time of year. Shiny visual improvements galore in this next update, Pathfinders - gear yourself up for an optical feast!
Want more details? Read through the patch notes below or sound off on the official Reddit thread.
Features & Improvements
General optimisations applied that will reduce stutter and increase performance.
Menus on Hub will now open faster and without a lag.
Better visuals for synergies
Overall clarity of players being able to perform a synergy was improved; players willclearly see the synergies, even when the gameplay gets busy on the screen.
Communication of new gear to players
Players will be made aware of receiving new gear that is more powerful than the onecurrently equipped.
We’ve implemented a notification in the Hub to inform the player that they have morepowerful equipment available.
Planet & Star map visual assets replacement
We’ve improved the look of the Star map and the appearance of planetary surfaces &added some story-driven landmarks.
Visual polish of tutorial mission
In this update, we did an overall polish of level art on the tutorial level and the first 5missions after the tutorial.
We added reflections, to each level and added new roofelements (antennas, ventilators, etc.) plus a new module system of pipes to roofstoo. Reworked some backgrounds, changing fog and light colours to be moreintense. Moreover, we added a new version of decals (on the Stopan biome). Another change was made to boss arenas to make them more visually interesting (details,floor elements). Some small tweaks were done on tutorial cutscenes and choosingscreens mostly backgrounds.
We changed the default sort type in Crafting. The items are sorted by rarity. Anotherimportant improvement is scrapping all items of the same rarity in the materials tab.Legendary item scrapping has been refined. We also improved the appearance ofslots, bit icons and other smaller UI elements.
- We improved the navigation system and user interface elements. Now we have two hero selection screens. One is after the tutorial and the second is in Canteen. To help the players understand the hero selection sections, we added the help option with tooltips.
Update of matchmaking bar
Improved visibility of matchmaking progress.
Fixes of Party UI in the current design
The overall look of the interface, friends and browser has been improved. The nextimportant thing is the addition of extending the menu with epic's invitationfunctionality.
Celebration & Rewards improvement
Improved interface of the mission details section in Quest Giver, especially therewards part. Enhanced visual information about expected rewards & their rarity.Also, we upgraded the look of the reward box & claim reward sequence after theQuest Giver task was done.
Upgrader - Gear mod tiers and upgrades
We implemented an extension of our gear perk system, making them tiered. Perks ofhigher tier should be more powerful. For example, the ricocheting perk should makeprojectiles bounce more before deactivating.
Hoardspace is a dangerous place, we know. But don't worry, we're here for you.*
Altering display settings in away never disrupts UI's functionality.
Sound effects and music within the game are clear of any distortions.
All players are always properly informed they are not allowed to enter Hub dueto maintenance after it begins.
The player can accept an invitation from both the HUB and Main menu.
- Highlighted range of the barrel’s explosion should not move after the barrel has already exploded.
- The character is moving smoothly when being attacked by an elite Shield bot.
- Inflicted damage is tracked accurately.
- There shouldn’t be any stray bullets when the player shoots directly at their target.
- Any changes in LOD aren’t perceptible.
- Old Boy can shoot 6 times.
- The bullet bar should appear above the player when he shoots 5 times using Old Boy.
- Enemies with modifiers are spawned on Spor in accordance with the current design.
- One enemy has a maximum of one Enemy Modifier in the same time.
- The prompt informs the player that more players are needed when matchmaking fails.
- Every item has its tooltip displayed after hovering the mouse over it on the Reward Chest screen.
- It is impossible to attempt to attack in Hub, and Dash animations always play out naturally.
- The player should not be able to change the tab before closing the Help prompts, or prompts should disappear after changing the tab with enabled Help prompts.
- Starmap is locked until the next tutorial mission is accepted.
- Vendor artwork is displayed with proper quality at all times.
- Videos play frames only from the video that the user chooses to watch.
- The game adequately communicates why the mission failed.
- The player should have access to the Skills tab after claiming the reward for the ‘Hackerbot’ mission, or the Skills tab should be fully unlocked after completing the mission but before claiming the reward.
- The number of Fame Points on Fame Road shows the correct value.
- The environment art is displayed consistently, and the background environment has no unnatural gaps.
- The turrets appear naturally.
- The player does not walk above ground level in any spot.
- Environment objects placed in the ground blend properly with ground texture and do not cut off unnaturally.
- Collisions with barrels are looking natural.
- Users cannot access unreachable places.
- Rocket explosion during Annihilator's rocket barrage attack looks more natural.
- The Dune Worm displays death animation. (with disappearing effect).
- All missions can be finished without interruption.
- The player is not randomly kicked out of the Crack.
*In no event shall Devil's Gambit authorities be responsible or liable whatsoever for any claims,
damages, losses, expenses or costs resulting directly or indirectly from the use of or inability to
use the station's appliances.