Wazz'at? You're planning a trip to Hoardspace? Hungry for some galactic, gun-toting carnage? Well, you picked a damn fine time, punk. We've hit the big red 'LAUNCH' button on our newest update. It completely revamps the first few hours of the game: packed with cutscenes, onboarding missions and a whole host of overhauls sprinkled on top like bullet casings out of a Raffler.
But take note - to make sure nobody gets left behind, we've had to perform a progress reset for all players who were below 900 Fame before the update.
Want more details? Read through the patch notes below or sound off on the official Reddit thread.
Features & Improvements
Welcome to Hoardspace (Again?)
- New players will experience a new way of getting to Devil’s Gambit, starting when they hit Play in the main menu. First off, they’ll be treated to an entirely new intro video, and then they’ll be dropped into a tutorial mission where Duke will help guide them through the basics of Space Punks! Assuming they survive, they’ll get to choose their Hero and go on to complete five onboarding missions.
A fresh new beginning
- The onboarding sequence (Vault, Enhancer, Party Features, Crafting) has been updated to improve the initial experience and learning curve. The five new onboarding missions will help players get acquainted with game mechanics and mission objectives in a more organised, streamlined way. Once the onboarding missions are completed, the more advanced systems, like the Get-A-Job system, are unlocked. We’ve also worked on re-balancing loot drops and rewards for a better experience. You’re also going to get to explore Bannik even sooner than before.
A feast for the eyes!
- We’ve added 3 cutscenes to the game:
- A 2.5D Intro cutscene, which plays right after clicking “Play Game”.
- A 3D Tutorial Intro cutscene plays at the beginning of the Tutorial mission.
- A 3D Devil’s Gambit cutscene plays when players enter the Devil’s Gambit for the first time.
- Is this your first time playing Space Punks? Join Duke as he tries to make it to Devil’s Gambit in a new tutorial mission - featuring bombastic explosions, robot decommissioning, questionable motivations of a cat-like hologram, and a treacherous Annihilator who… you know what? We’re not going to spoil it; go see for yourself!
- We continue working on game stability and performance. This time we put out effort into increasing FPS and making it more stable:
The shooting system was improved so high fire rate weapons and mods don’t generate FPS drops
Graphical assets were optimized to reduce overall pressure on render
Enemies physics, animations and AI were overhauled to produce fewer calculations for the same effect
The level generator is less performance-demanding now, redundant calculations were removed
Physics optimization pass on enemies and other missions and HUB assets was made
- The goal was to better inform the player about the new features in the game. We improved overall visibility and the excitement of unlocking features. To achieve that, we fixed a collection of bugs, game design issues, and UX /UI failures in Enhancer, Vault, Canteen and Fame Road. Also, we added a new ‘Unlocked Feature’ popup and a ‘Help’ view.
- We improved the navigation system and user interface elements. Now we have two hero selection screens. One is after the tutorial and the second is in Canteen. To help the players understand the hero selection sections, we added the help option with tooltips.
Quest Giver & Rewards Screen
- We’ve tidied up user interface elements, corrected bugs and fixed any incorrect information.
Guidance & Notifications
- Who doesn’t need a little guidance? We’ve fixed up some notifications and bugs to ensure we’re always pointing you in the right direction.
- The Storm Grinders mission objective has been reworked. You no longer need to drive the machine, you simply power it with a fuel cell, and it gets to work. We new self-driving machines were the future!
Heroes stats unification
- Our heroes have been working out. We no longer differentiate our Heroes' base stats (Health, Shield, Speed). The stats are unified and removed from the Hero Selection screen.
Improved Hub Look
- We’ve given some of our NPCs a 3D overall; make sure to check them out on your adventures. Some of them may even have moved around.
- Matchmaking criteria have been updated, so the wait time is reduced, and there should be less of a maximum Power Level difference between the players in the party.
- We’ve added three new melee attacks. You can now fend off enemies with a spin attack, finish a sequence of attacks with a special combo attack, and push small enemies or hazard barrels.
- C-C-C-Combo Breaker! Push attempts on large enemies will break off their attacks with a severe hit reaction.
- We made some tweaks and added a dedicated notification section for contracts so that you can have a better overview and can track your progress more easily.
Mission Summary Screen
- We completely redesigned the Mission Summary sequence so that it is now more impactful & meaningful.
- With a new way of showing received badges, experience, levelling up, and receiving mission loot, we ensured every aspect of the finished mission was visible. In addition, we changed the way of showing all your mission statistics compared to your fellow teammates to make it a little bit more exciting & competitive.
- Additionally, you now have more time to browse through mission loot and check out the item's rarity, stats & descriptions. We also improved visibility & overall User Interface & Experience.
Missions Rewards vs Crafted Gear
- We’ve made a few steps to make gear from crafting better than gear from drops/rewards and improved the crafting experience:
Removing software from gear which drops and rewards.
Previously common gear which dropped from chests could have legendary damage software inside, making it more powerful than a common item from crafting.
Fixing an issue with same stat ranges for gear from drops/rewards and from crafting.
Gear from crafting now uses a different range setup, so gear from crafting always has higher stats than gear from rewards/drops if they have the same rarity.
Added an option to unlock blueprint at higher level.
Now, when a player unlocks a blueprint with specific requirements, this blueprint will have an already higher upgrade level after unlocking. For example, when a player unlocks a blueprint that requires Mutagen, it will have an upgrade level of 10 with a power level of 35.
Updating campaign rewards.
Campaign rewards from Stopan will now give the player enough resources to upgrade one blueprint from level 1 to 10. Campaign rewards from Bannik provide the player with enough resources to upgrade one gear from level 10 to level 20.
- As of now game will not have Trophies, until further notice. We might consider reworking this system in the future and adding it back to the game.
Hoardspace is a dangerous place, we know. But don't worry, we're here for you.*
The animation for the Xbox RB and LB pad buttons on the skill preview is correctly implemented.
There are no button prompts indicating a possibility to pause credits.
Keyboard prompts for stopping the credits is misleading.
Info bar in the bottom-right corner shows proper useful branch details.
Information in the bottom-right corner of the screen shows incorrect branch details.
- Photon Fred does not get stuck while reloading, all animations are played correctly regardless of player’s current state.
- Animation of the fully charged Photon Fred is visible when the player is knocked back while reloading.
- Players who unlocked party features join the party after accepting invitation.
- Player is always able to shoot their weapon when holding down the fire button.
- UI values reflect real gameplay values, for Players' XP multiplier.
- Camera is steady while approaching rocks in the Spor.
- The player receives proper amount of XP that directly corresponds with their current level, for the Cristal Flow mission.
- Amount of elite enemies spawned near a barricade in the Crack is limited.
- Finn’s dash pushback effect works on all non-boss enemies.
- The vulnerabilities of Boomer can be exploited properly.
- The puzzle activation point and model are rotated so they are no longer inside the rock model.
- Common resources do not drop during timed missions.
- Enemies pushed off the map either instantly die or are blocked by collision.
- All party members are loaded into lobby correctly.
- Player can detonate Duke’s rocket at any time by re-activating the skill.
- All types of drops are shown in the resource feedback right after being acquired.
- Contracts displayed during the starting phase of the mission show actual progress of the contracts.
- Player is not able to rotate the character during revival process.
- Player cannot sprint while shooting.
- Player is able to accept the invitation while being in the Vault.
- No invisible collision can be found in Hub area.
- Information about finished upgrade of the punch card in notifications disappears after seeing it in the crafting vendor.
- Timer of Legendary Punch Card shows actual countdown.
- The long description of mission on Star Map can be scrolled using gamepad without an issue.
- Adrenaline Rush description properly shows time active and stamina regeneration.
- Number of skins changes after selecting a character.
- Tooltips displayed in crafting, materials tab are fully visible.
- Materials tab of the crafting menu clip outside of the screen.
- Talent descriptions do not clip outside of the screen when playing on a high resolution screen.
- All text lines fit correctly in their respective speech bubbles.
- Yellow flag is displayed for the campaign activities.
- Contracts are displayed incorrectly on the summary screen.
- Notifications about the finishing the quest and possibility of receiving the reward as well as information on activity with Virgil is properly displayed.
- There is no notification informing the player that they should talk to Virgil on fresh account while Virgil's icon is highlighted.
- The coloured string connecting the first talent and the boost slot line remains grey up until player restarts the talent window.
- The crown remains on team leader avatar while searching for a game.
- Eris’s hair does not shake erratically after re-entering the Vault.
- Eris's hair jumps after entering the Vendor or changing weapons
- Pop up “Contracts Auto Claimed!” is more user friendly.
- Platform does not jitter after the end of crafting.
- When a player scraps an item there is always a scrapping progress bar.
- When character gains a higher level, the information on required level updates correctly
- In the workbench a scrollbar is present next to all scrollable lists in the game.
- There are no overlapping UI elements in Vault interface.
- Items equipped on other heroes display correctly the equipped state on the hover cards.
- The laser pole does not become invisible.
- The player is able to pass through an area on Spor without being blocked by invisible walls.
- Paths on the Maxi-map/Mini-map are displayed consistently and properly inform the player about possible paths they can traverse.
- Ready icon is always updated properly for all players hitting the Ready button in all relevant areas.
- 'Deliver a battery for sausage boy' objective icon points accurately to the area where the battery is supposed to be dropped off in the Rescue Robot mission.
- All missions/game modes require F button to start.
- Tire trails quality as well as building on Stopan was improved.
- Part of the building is pixelated.
- Mission objective icon on The Airflow mission shakes erratically when approaching it.
- Jet Burner has VFX when player shoots to it.
- Preview of contracts displays properly updated progress of contracts.
- HUD isn’t visible on the chest screen during claiming the reward for all daily tasks.
- Already dead player still don’t see the synergy mark on the ground.
*In no event shall Devil's Gambit authorities be responsible or liable whatsoever for any claims,
damages, losses, expenses or costs resulting directly or indirectly from the use of or inability to
use the station's appliances.